Monday, March 28, 2011

Vogue, L'Officiel, Harper's Bazaar, Elle Magazine ...Source of inspiration.

Hi guys!


I always had a thing for fashion, and I LOVE fashion's magazines, so times to times I go back to them to look for inspiration, for my "lady sitting on a bench", I used a photo from the Marie Claire magazine as far as I remember, I loved the attitude of the model and I knew I wanted to paint her, it is not just a copy, I tried to intensify the fact that she was waiting for something or someone, I changed most of the colors and certain things to make it my own... So here's my painting...


"The lady waiting, sitting on a bench", Barcelona 2010

And there, some details...


Detail of the hat

Polka dot dress...
Some bracelets...
I particularly love the work on the bench!!!
the layers of the dress, and a sock and shoe detail...

Sketch before the painting...
If I remember well, it was a page from the "South African Marie Claire"
I have used magazines for a long time for inspiration and while tidying up my studio the other day I found this drawing that I made when I was 16 or 17 years old...


It is very old and not in very good condition but I still really like it! It actually makes me think of a good friend of mine, AnnaE, a classmate in fashion school, a stunning, sharp and talented girl that one!!! yeah she really looks a lot alike!!!

Here's an illustration of hers by the way, told you! She is good!... 

Petite gitane by AnnaE.


Love, Miss Drey.

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for you to put out this painting ... I saw you painting it ... I love the very distant look in her eyes and ... her dress !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particulary loves her dress. Maybe! if I dared perhaps I will make one. First all I have to find the fabrics...
    Un petit bijou cette peinture !

    ReplyDelete