Monday, April 4, 2011

And I'll turn you into a sweet princess...

Hi guys!

Once upon a time a little girl was dreaming to become a princess,... what was that again?... once upon a time?!!! a little girl?!!!... OK, let me start again... Since forever, little and bigger girls are dreaming to become princesses... Matilda, Mandisa, Calista... Julia, Yuko... And all these girls inspired me for this project, very young to older, I'll try to take the essence of a person and turn them into pretty princesses...


Princess Nicole, a young artiste from Lil'Dreys...

Princess Julia, inspired by my aunt... 
Princesse Yuko, a close friend of mine

In color..

Princess Nicole...

Princess Ankù, she used to put tights as scarf when she 2 years old!...

Princess Calista, ah... Calista, the sweetest chatterbox!...



But my little project of mine took the next level when I decided to tackle a tiny sweet incredible little star, Iris. This little one is one of the precious children of my best friend/sister, Vanja, I actually dedicate this post to her, I love you and I miss you so much...


Vanja and her little ones, Mandisa, Iris, Gabriel.


Iris, look at her! She is just sparkling!!!

Princess Iris, Busy.

Look at those big brown eyes, this mouth...and those curly hair!!!!....


My Princess Iris...

I wanted to paint her on a big canvas, I wanted a painting that would look great in a toddler's room and could age well, a painting that you could keep, not too baby... I thought by doing a cubism version of my little watercolor, so I made copies of it, cut them into pieces, and assemble them back in I hope an esthetic, fun way...

My montage...


Detail of the dress




Big dark eyes...

Crazy hair...

A crown, of course...

And here she is... "Princess Iris", (122x88cm) Acrylic and ribbon, 2011.

Love,
Miss Drey



4 comments:

  1. Moi j'adooooore Princesse Julia !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmh, c'est pas parce que ce serait ta maman par hasard....
    xxxLove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamais de la vie ! Je suis entièrement impartiale c'est bien connue !!! En tout cas dans l'idée ça lui ressemble bien les fleurs la touffe et tout! Je lui montrerai quand je rentrerai dans mon pays de rêve !!! Bisoux

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'aime le côté décalée de ta princesse. Le noir précieux de ses cheveux en broussaille ressort superbement sur le fonds rouge chaud. Enfin je suis conquise par sa robe bleue car c'est une couleur que j'aime vraiment. Ah les histoires de princesse ça me fait toujours rêver !

    ReplyDelete